Zeiss Ikon Contax Camera Repair
A home for your Zeiss Ikon Contax, Contarex or Super Ikonta camera!
Cameras Serviced & Pricing
The one year guarantee includes shutter speed performance. The highest speeds are of the most concern to the modern user. You can have confidence your fully rebuilt camera will perform reliably and consistently, in most cases, within the factory tolerances of original manufacture.
If something should go wrong with a covered function of the camera included in a servicing any time within 1 year, simply return it by insured priority mail and it will be repaired and return shipped to you by insured priority mail at no charge. Shipping to and from destinations outside the USA is at your cost. The guarantee is subject to the following conditions:
- The camera or other equipment must be returned in the original packaging in which it was shipped to you. If the camera is shipped in anything else the warranty is permanently cancelled. I am not responsible for damage or loss to any equipment sent here that you have not insured. U.S.P.S. Delivery Confirmation is not insurance. The use of Zeisscamera.com packaging provides the highest assurance that your camera will arrive here in the condition when you last described it to me. Use of substitute or inferior materials can result in damage that happens when the camera is on its way here. Every package shipped following 12/10/2008 contains a liable attached to it stipulating this condition.
- You must communicate the problem you are having with the camera by emil to me before sending it and allow me an opportunity to consider the matter to see if there is a solution to the problem that you can implement easily. In many cases the problem can be resolved without the need to send it here. Any camera sent without prior authorization will be returned without notice to you and the warranty will be cancelled.
- The camera has not been opened by any person. If the camera has been opened by any person after it leaves my hands the guarantee is cancelled.
- The shutter curtains have not been forced: In the event of a shutter problem do not attempt to move the shutter curtains by hand or with a tool of any kind. If the shutter curtains have been damaged by force or manipulation the guarantee on shutter work is cancelled.
- The film advance knob has not been forced: In the event of a shutter problem or camera jam do not force the film advance knob. Forcing this knob will shear the shutter cocking/speed select pin. If this pin has been sheared the guarantee is cancelled. Forcing a frame past the end of the film roll will cause film chips to be torn from the film and injected into the camera. These chips can interfere with camera winding and shutter operations.
- The camera has not been dropped, wetted, abused or taken to the beach: The Contax camera contains a number of very fragile optical components. Dropping the camera, wetting it, subjecting it to conditions of excessive heat, cold or humidity or otherwise treating it in an careless and abusive manner can result in corrosion, the breakage of optical components, loss of alignment and/or calibration of mechanical components.
- The Problem is not due to the failure of a component due to a problem with original factory materials or workmanship: The Contax camera is over 50 years old or older. It is possible for a part or component to fail due to the cause that it has reached the end of its service life, metal fatigue, or an original defect present from the time of manufacture. The guarantee does not cover failure of original factory shutter tapes, guide cords or other parts. My guarantee covers my work and does not extend to parts, materials and factors that are not related to my work on the camera.
- The warranty is cancelled if there is a severe breach of good faith. I reserve the right to refuse service to anyone. The public making, posting, distribution or transmission of any statement on of through the Internet, or any other media, which mentions Zeisscamera.com or my personal name, and which is considered by me to be adverse to the good reputation of Zeisscamera.com or Henry Scherer is a severe breach of the necessary good faith which must exist between a good customer and a service provider. The warranties, agreements or contracts applicable to any equipment that has been serviced here, and which is still under warranty or agreement or contract of any kind are permanently cancelled effective with the date and time of any such public statement, posting, distribution or transmission by any media. Also, effective with the date and time of warranty cancellation there is no future possibility of future business between us. In the event of such cancellation any equipment here or which is on its way here will be returned to the sender by U.S.P.S. Priority Mail insured for $200.00 if delivery cannot be refused. Zeisscamera.com or Henry Scherer will have no responsibility for any damage or any loss of any kind to such equipment. Any deposits or payments received from the author, person posting, person or company distributing or transmitting this material will be forfeit and non-refundable. In the event equipment is actively being worked on the normal piece rate for overhauls or any previously stated estimates are cancelled and the work on the equipment will be completed, but without a warranty, at an hourly rate of $250.00 per hour.
- I am the sole arbitrator and your sole recourse of any dispute concerning the Guarantee: In submitting a camera to me for repair, or in purchasing a camera I have repaired you accept that I am the sole arbitrator of any dispute and your sole recourse concerning any matter connected to the one year guarantee or any services received from Zeisscamera.com or Henry Scherer..
- The Guarantee on the light meter of the Contax III and IIIa model cameras is limited: The meter will be repaired and restored to normal operation if it should fail in a manner where replacement parts are not needed. Repair parts, if necessary, will be installed at additional cost and labor.
- Adjustments required due to Shocks suffered during Shipping Will be covered under the guarantee : Shifts in alignment or adjustment to controls or components caused by damage during shipping are covered by the guarantee. Irreparable damage or loss caused during shipping is covered by the postal insurance that is purchased for each shipment.
- There may be one or more exclusions If your camera is heavily damaged, has been exposed to water or high humidity, has been damaged due to work by others, is excessively worn, has an uncorrectable original factory defect, or has been modified by others. It may not be possible to restore shutter speeds or other important functions to factory tolerances. In this case you will be informed of this circumstance and shutter speed accuracy ore other functions will be excluded from the one year guarantee.
- The guarantee is not transferable without my permission: The guarantee is only to the owner of the camera at the time it is serviced. If the camera is sold or transferred prior to the expiration date of the guarantee the guarantee expires at the date and time of the sale or transfer.
- Customer performed repairs resulting in damage are not covered:
All warranty repairs are to be performed by me. In the event you believe the camera needs warranty repairs and you attempt to repair the camera yourself or have it repaired by someone else, and the camera or other item is damaged as a result of the repair attempts; the warranty is canceled. Any repairs to the camera performed here will be charged for labor and parts at the normal rate. This term applies even if I provide you with repair parts at your request as a courtesy.
- There is no incidental or consequential guarantee:
In the event of any equipment failure, malfunction or failure to perform due to a fault in workmanship performed here or due to materials provided or manufactured here there is no incidental or consequential guarantee of any kind. There is no guarantee of any kind on materials or parts that were supplied by Zeiss or which came with the equipment from the factory. If you live in a State or Territory whose laws due not permit the exclusion of incidental or consequential damages you agree to voluntarily waive your rights to such exclusion when you conduct business with me.
- There may be additional modifications and terms applied to special or very rare items.
- "Test Cameras" or lenses sent by other camera repair service providers or professionals have special conditions applied to them. These special conditions will be provided to customers having the obvious potential to manufacture a Contax camera out of spare parts. The communication of such special conditions is merely communication and is in no way an implied statement of any kind.
- There is no guarantee on post factory modifications installed by others after the camera left the factory. This includes flash synchronization circuits installed in the Contaflex TLR. Contax I, II or III bodies. It also includes IIIa type light meters installed on a Contax III body to make it look like a Contax IIIa.